Engineering and Precision Systems
- The system is using an MP3 shield from Sparkfun,
mounted on my own Arduino-compatible main board.
The device uses 4 push buttons that can send 4 different events.
If any button is held pressed for more than 1 second it will send a different event.
The total number of button events is therefore 8.
A keypad timeout will return to page1 (clock).
A traditional cron file in the SD card can be edited to setup various types of events.
- 3 time zones
- 3 functions: clock, timer, temperature
- 3 speaking voices, each can be set to a different language
- Relay control
- Clock spoken by female voice.
- Current time announced every 5 minutes.
- Time setting is done in UTC time.
- Automatic adjustment at day light saving changes.
- Timer spoken by male voice.
When activated the voice announces alternatively
every 5 seconds the time elapsed and the time remaining.
After timeout it keeps announcing the time elapsed since the timeout
every 5 seconds, until stopped.
- The timer settings is persistent.
- Typically setup to announce the ambient temperature every 30 minutes.
5-meter cable to external sensor.
Multiple sensors can be easily fitted.
- Cron-file events to turn the relay on/off